All Rings now available in Titanium or Stainless Steel!
By popular demand! McWhinney Designs is now offering all of our designs in either Titanium (6AlV4) or Stainless Steel (17-4).
Both of these metals are incredibly strong, but there are differences worth considering when deciding which one is best for you.
- Weight- Titanium is approximately 30% lighter than stainless steel (a subtle, but noticeable difference).
- Color- Stainless steel is slightly whiter in color relative to titanium's grayish look. If it is important to match the color of your fiance's platinum or white gold ring, stainless steel might be a good fit.
- Magnetism- Unlike titanium, 17-4 stainless steel is slightly magnetic. This is only an issue if you happen to work around strong magnets.
- Scratch resistance- with the exception of Cobalt rings, all metals will scratch over time. Stainless steel however, will scratch less easily than titanium. With either choice, you can go with the natural patina that develops over time, or restore your ring to its original finish by using the special 3M abrasive/polishing paper provided with every ring.
- Cost- same for either metal. Please specify preference in "Comments" section during checkout.
Have questions? Give us a call or shoot us an email.